Hey Dude shoes are light, comfortable, stylish yet affordable. It checks almost every box anyone would desire in casual footwear.
As an emerging shoe brand, it is normal to have lots of questions about it. So this article will help you to know more about Hey Dude shoes by answering most of the popular questions people ask about them.
History of Hey Dude Shoes
Hey Dude shoe brand was founded in Italy by two footwear experts, Alessandro Rosano and Dario Kaute in September 2008. Their product first hit the market in February 2009.
The company expanded to the United State in April 2010 through Daniele Guidi. By June of that same year, the impressions of Hey Dude shoes were also felt in many parts of Europe, South America, and Eastern Asia.
Within a space of 10 years from the debut year, Hey Dude recorded sales of over 5 million pairs. Presently, the company partners with Zappos, Buckle, and other reputable figures in the US footwear market.
Meanwhile, everything hasn’t all been smooth. In the first 4 years of its operation in the USA, the brand didn’t achieve much success. As such, Daniele was on the brink of letting go of the branch.
Related: Are Hey Dude Shoes Waterproof?
A few weeks later, Buckle (a popular fashion retail company in the US) ordered a huge shipment. This huge order brought the brand to the limelight thereby exposing it to the US footwear market that is worth about USD 79.86 billion.
Frequently asked questions about Hey Dude shoes
Is Hey Dude shoe machine washable?
Not all Hey Dude shoes are machine washable. While you can wash the canvas, stretch and sox styles, you MUSTN’T use the washing machine on leather, suede, and wool styles.
Importantly, you are to wash the sox, stretch, and canvas styles under a cool condition with your machine set to a slow or non-spin cycle.
Consider using a color-catching product when washing especially if it’s a multi-colored shoe, to prevent color running.
Here are Hey Dude shoe washing instructions you must note:
- Before you put the shoe into the machine knock off loose dirty over a wastebasket. With a damp cloth, wipe off the remaining dirt on the shoe.
- Remove the removable insole and untie the shoelace (if it’s a style with lace)
- After washing, allow water to drip a bit. Then dry the shoes with a brown paper bag or white office paper stuffed in the shoes. This will help them to retain their shape. (Do not use old newspapers or any inked paper because the ink can run on the shoes).
Read Also: Can You Wear Crocs To Beach?
How can I clean Hey Dude shoes?
The different materials used for making Hey Dude shoes require different cleaning methods. The way you clean a leather shoe isn’t the same as suede and so on.
- Wool: Any wool fabric Hey Dude shoe MUST be hand washed as even a cold machine-wash in a low-spin cycle is capable of damaging the wool fibers. Wash using cold water with a wool-safe soap or detergent. Scrub gently with your hand to remove the dirt. Drip-dry the shoe as squeezing could cause damage. Moreover, before drying, stuff the shoe with a plastic bag to help maintain the shape.
- Leather: Clean off the dirt from the shoe with a leather cleaner or saddle soap. Allow it for a few minutes to dry. Thereafter, go ahead and shine the shoe with a clean cotton cloth. Conditioning leather shoes increase their lifespan by preventing them from drying out and cracking. So, apply a little amount of conditioner on the surface of the shoe and allow it for some minutes. Clean off the unabsorbed conditioner with a soft clean cloth. Then apply small polish. Buff afterward with a brush or clean cloth to shine.
- Suede: Do no clean suede Hey Dude shoes with water. Instead, use a special brush called suede brush to brush off dust or dirt. Brush lightly in one direction and not back and forth. Use a pencil eraser or a special suede eraser to remove scuffs and marks that wouldn’t be brushed off. If the suede is heavily scuffed, use the suede brush to raise the grains. After this, spray a suede protector on the shoe.
- Stretch: The Stretch Dude’s style is made of an elasticated fabric which makes them more delicate than canvas and other fabrics. You can wash the shoes in a washing machine but it must be under the conditions stated above. It’s advised that you wash them while inside a pillowcase to reduce the adverse effect of the washing.
Read Also: 5 Serious Side Effects of Ill-Fitting Shoes
Do Hey Dude shoe stretch?
The only Hey Dude shoes that stretch easily are the sox and stretch styles. These shoes are made with an elasticated fiber that makes them easily take the shape of your feet.
Read Further: Do Hey Dude Shoes Stretch Out?
What can I wear Hey Dude shoes with?
Dude’s shoes are casual shoes that can be worn with any type of casual wear. Nonetheless, they go best with short-sleeved shirts on shorts. Feel free to also wear your them on jeans and casual gowns.
Where are Hey Dude shoes shipped from?
Hey Dude has their factories in China and Indonesia. The products are then dispatched to Italy, the United States, and the UK. From there, they’re shipped across to other countries.
Those from Canada and other American countries get their orders shipped from the USA, while EU countries get theirs from the UK or Italy.
Are Hey Dude shoes comfortable?
We’ve written a post on whether Dude’s shoes are comfortable. In the article, we pointed out different attributes that make them comfortable.
They have a breathable upper, loose-fitting, proper cushioning, and it is lightweight.
Are Hey Dude shoes good for wide feet?
Yes, they are. We have reviewed the best 5 Hey Dude shoes for wide feet.
Meanwhile, the shoes come in two different fittings:
- Relaxed wide fitting
- Regular Dude fit
The relaxed wide fitting Hey Dude shoes are designed for individuals with wide feet. The latter is self-explanatory; just draw the meaning from the clue in the name.
Are Hey Dude shoes good for walking?
Dude’s shoes seem to be a great choice for anyone looking for a good pair of walking shoes. Their sole is made with a patented sole technology while the insole is thick memory foam.
Megan, a member of Buckle’s merchant team described walking in Hey Dude shoes as walking on the cloud. They’re soft and supportive beginning from the collar down to the footbed.
Why are Hey Dude shoes popular?
Dude shoes are popular because they entered the market with a unique style and top-notch quality. The shoes are lightweight, comfortable, easy to wear, breathable, and affordable. What more would anyone desire in a casual shoe?
How can I stretch Hey Dude shoes?
The best way to stretch a textile (not leather) Hey Dude shoe is to freeze it. Half-fill a Ziploc bag with water and lock it. Tuck it into the pair and put them in the freezer to freeze. The expansion of the ice causes the shoe to stretch.
There are other viable methods we’ve shared in this post on how to stretch shoes at home. You might want to try them as well.
Meanwhile, you can buy a Stretch style of Dude’s shoe to save yourself the stress of stretching.
How should Hey Dude shoes fit?
These shoes are designed to give you loose-fitting, supposedly for comfort. However, you can tighten it to your feet by properly tying the shoelace.
How can I tighten Hey Dude shoes?
Perhaps you prefer a snug fit to the easy-on lace fit that most of the hey dude shoes offer. You can make your hey dude shoes tighter by tightening the knots on both sides. Pull it closer and knot it such that the knots are closer to the eyelet.
This video on YouTube will guide you properly.
Are Hey Dude shoes unisex?
Hey Dude offers shoes for both men and women. While the Wally, Thad chambray, Paul chambray, and Welsh styles are peculiar to men, the Wendy, Peyton, and Laila styles are for women.
Do hey dude shoes fit true to size?
Some models are true to size, while others aren’t. However, every product page (on the company’s online store) has sizing tips to guide you. Use the size chart to arrive at your desired size.
Read Further: Do Hey Dude Shoes Run Big or Small in Size?
Are Hey shoes vegan?
Some Dude shoes like the Mistral style are vegan. These shoes are made from natural and ethically sourced materials.
However, there are ones made of suede, leather, and a leather-lined memory foam insole; those aren’t vegan-friendly.
Alternatively, you can go for the canvas-lined or cork-lined insole.
Have you more questions?
If you do, kindly drop them in the comment below and we’ll get back to you with the answer. Thanks for coming through.