Having high-arched feet could expose you to various foot problems. But a well-built pair of shoes can save you from them.
High arch may seem like a dead end to wearing stylish and comfortable shoes. However, this article consists of 20+ stylish shoes that can support the arch of your foot.
We also discussed the various problems encountered in having high arch and the features that qualify shoes for that condition. The shoes enlisted in this article are podiatrist-recommended for you to gain maximum arch support and comfort.
For an easy search, we categorized these shoes for running, walking, and hiking. Enjoy your reading.
|For Women||ASICS women’s Gel Contend running shoes||Skechers Women's Go Walk 5-True Sneaker||KEEN Women's Voyageur Low Height Breathable Hiking Shoe|
|Specifications||Upper: Synthetic mesh upper||Upper: Mesh fabric||Upper: Water-resistant leather upper|
|Midsole: Rear foot gear cushioning||Midsole: Goga mat||Midsole: Well-cushioned midsole
|Outsole: Rubber outsole||Outsole: Dual-density ultra-go||Outsole: Rubber|
|Qualities: Breathable, lightweight, stable, and cushioning||Qualities: Comfort, support, strong traction, stylish, breathable, lightweight, etc.||Qualities: Water-resistant, breathable, durable, wide toe box, easy slip-on, etc.|
|Check price||Check price||Check price|
|For Men||Brooks Men's Ghost 13 Running Shoe||Skechers Men's Gowalk Arch Fit-Athletic Workout Walking Shoe||Skechers Men's Relment Pelmo Hiking Boot|
|Specifications||Upper: Mesh upper||Upper: Fabric||Upper: 100% leather|
|Midsole: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning||Midsole: Well-cushioned midsole||Midsole: Well-cushioned midsole|
|Outsole: Rubber outsole||Outsole: Rubber||Outsole: Rubber|
|Qualities: Sturdy sole, breathability, comfort, stylish, perfect for a diabetic patient, etc.||Qualities: Great cushioning, all-weather wear, easy slip-on, perfect for recreational sports, and wide toe box||Qualities: No break-in period, easy slip-on, maintains warm feet, flexible, etc.|
|Check price||Check price||Check price|
What you need to know about high arch
You probably know about high arch and how it looks. But for newbies, an arch is the slightly curved area between the ball and the heel of your foot.
A high arch is more elevated than a normal arch. For someone with a high arch, a footprint on sand will show a thin or no line between the ball and the heel of your foot.
According to Healthline, people with a high arch are prone to having plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, claw toe, hammer toe, and foot and ankle instability.
But not to worry, there are podiatrist-recommended shoes to help keep you comfortable and relieve pain. These shoes have certain features that make them the best for high arches.
Features of podiatrist-recommended shoes for high arches
One of the top features of shoes for the high arch is the midsole. A rigid-structured midsole helps to support the arch and balance the weight across your foot. Soft insoles that could reach the height of your arch are also handy.
2. High top
To be more comfortable wearing shoes, you need ones that can provide ankle support to your feet. They should feel snug around your ankle to control your ankle twist.
3. Elevated heel
An elevated heel is important to remove pressure off the Achilles tendon – a thick fibrous band of tissue that connects the muscles in your calf to your heel.
4. Roomy toe box
You also need a shoe with a roomy toe box to ensure the free movement of your toes. According to Healthline, people with a high arch are likely to get bunions and hammertoes due to front foot pressure.
Wearing shoes that squeeze your toes will cause more problems with the existing ones.
20+ podiatrist-recommended shoes for high arches
Running shoes for women
1. New Balance Women's Fresh Foam Roav V1 Sneaker
This shoe is not just for running but also for walking. It features a fresh foam midsole that takes up your foot contour to provide adequate support to your raised arch. It makes you feel as though you are walking on clouds.
The shoe also features an NDurance outsole which enhances durability and firm grip to avoid slippage.
The heel is built to be high and to hug your feet to a supportive fitting. And above all, the New Balance shoe is very stylish and comfortable.
- It provides adequate support to the arch of your foot
- It has a roomy toe box for free flexibility of your foot
- It has an elevated heel that creates balance with the ball of your foot to relieve you of foot pain
- It ensures non-skid moments while running.
- According to a review on Amazon, the shoe does not provide high arch support, and it has rough mesh cover.
- It is not durable
- The lacing system does not go up high enough to provide grip and prevent the shoe from slipping off your feet.
- It is not true to size. You should get one size up your usual size for a comfortable fit.
2. ASICS women’s Gel Contend running shoe
Another running shoe for your high-arched foot. It features a midsole panel support and a removable ortholite if you need to change it. But there won’t be any need for that as the original ortholite supports the arch of your foot.
It also features Rearfoot GEL cushioning system, which absorbs impact shock on your feet while running.
It is breathable and lightweight as it features a synthetic mesh upper. The rubber outsole ensures durability and a non-skid effect on your feet.
- It provides maximum arch support to your feet
- The shoe is breathable, lightweight, and stylish
- It also helps to treat plantar fasciitis and other foot issues you may have
- The midsole enhances the bouncing effect
- It is not true to size. You should go a half size up if you want a better fit.
- The mesh upper wears out fast after a few times of usage
3. Brooks Women's Ghost 14 Neutral Running Shoe
If you have not tried out shoes from the Brooks brand, maybe this is the time you should. This shoe is one of the most amazing shoes for high arch support.
BioMoGo DNA and DNA loft cushion ensures high-energizing cushioning to your feet.
Whether you jump or run, the impact your foot takes once it lands on the ground is quickly absorbed by the brand’s segmented crash pad.
- It gives you a perfect fitting on your feet if you wear the right shoe size.
- It offers optimum comfort and support to your feet
- It is stylish and breathable
- It runs small in size
- It is a bit on the toes. So, you should go up in size to get a perfect fit.
4. Skechers Women's Arch Fit Keep It Up Sneaker
Run with ease on this Beautiful silhouette with your high arch, and there will be no reason for regret. It features a podiatrist-designed shape for a great fitting.
The shoe has a removable insole which provides impact or shock absorption to your feet.
The Skechers arch fit insole system enhances weight distribution across your feet and offers maximum arch support. You also experience airflow as the shoe features a mesh-knit fabric upper.
- The shoe is breathable, flexible, and lightweight.
- It offers maximum arch support to your feet, no matter the arch
- It also relieves pain in your feet, especially if you have plantar fasciitis
- It provides a bouncing effect on your feet while you run
- They fit narrow instead of wide at the toe area
- The size runs small. You may need to go up a size to get a perfect fit for your feet.
Running shoes for men
5. Brooks Men's Ghost 13 Running Shoe
The shoe has a way of supporting your high arch to reduce the chances of developing additional foot problems. It features BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning, which provides maximum support and softness to your feet.
No matter where or how your feet land, the integrated crash pad absorbs the impact from the ground.
Just as it is great for a high arch, it equally offers better support for diabetes patients. The shoe is granted the APMA seal of acceptance which makes it trusted and reliable.
- It offers breathability and comfort at its peak.
- The shoe is perfect for a high arch, plantar fasciitis, and diabetes
- It comes in various colors to make your choice
- It does not offer slip resistance on a slippery or wet surface
- It runs narrow. You should get a size above your usual size for a better fit
6. New Balance Men's Fresh Foam Arishi V3 Running Shoe
Men with a high-arched foot can also find comfort in wearing this New Balance shoe. It features fresh-foam midsole technology that provides ultra cushioning and support to your feet.
The shoe has an elevated heel that helps to equally distribute weight across the shoe as the heel aligns with the ball of your foot. It is lightweight and breathable. This is so because of the no-sew engineered mesh upper featured in the shoe.
You can trust the rubber outsole to provide maximum traction on any traction. The men’s New Balance is not only comforting but also brings style to sports.
- It relieves your feet of pain and prevents further problems for them
- It is comfortable and breathable
- It has better traction even on a slippery ground
- The midsole creates a rebound effect on your feet while running with it
- It wears out quickly at the upper
- It is not true to size. If you need to purchase, go a full size up to get a perfect fit for your feet.
7. PUMA Men's Cell Surin 2 Sneaker
The midsole offers maximum cushioning and a bouncing effect on your feet. It propels your feet forward while running with it.
The upper is not only stylish but also breathable. You can also find comfort at the collar and tongue of the shoe as they are well-padded with soft foam.
- It supports your high arch and prevents any further foot condition
- It is breathable and lightweight
- Aside from wearing it for sports purposes, you can also wear it for casual occasions.
- It is beautiful and stylish
- It is not true to size. To get your perfect fit, go a half-size up
- It fits tight if you don’t get the size that suits you
8. ASICS Men's Gel-Contend 5 Running Shoes
If you have wide feet and a high arch, then this is the right shoe for you. ASICS GEL-Contend 5 provides enough support and comfort to your feet.
The midsole delivers maximum cushioning and bouncing effect to your feet.
It effortlessly pushes your foot forward as you run with it. The mesh upper offers breathability and comfort at its peak. The synthetic rubber sole ensures durability and strong traction for your feet.
- It is lightweight, breathable, and stylish.
- It is perfect for a wide fit and has a roomy toe box
- The shoe supports your raised arch and prevents it from causing further problems
- You are in for a bouncy ride with this shoe
- The mesh upper wears out fast, and the stitches fray out easily
- It makes squeaky noise while you walk.
Best running shoe for high arch review on Quora
Walking shoes for women
9. Skechers Women's Go Joy Walking Shoe Sneaker
When looking for a good walking shoe for your high arch, Skechers is there for you. The responsive 5Gen cushioning offers a soft feel on your feet and makes you feel like you are walking on clouds.
For a bouncing effect, the shoe features Skechers Goga max high rebound insole.
You don’t have to worry about ventilation when the shoe features a breathable mesh upper. You will also get extra comfort with the extra lining and cushioning at the shoe’s collar.
- The shoe is lightweight and breathable
- It offers great comfort and support to your feet
- It is stylish and versatile
- It does not run true to size. Order half size above your usual size to get the right fitting on your feet
10. Saucony Unisex-Adult Women's Excursion TR11 Running Shoe
It can serve as both running and walking shoes. The heel grid system provides maximum cushioning while striking balance between the heel and the ball of your foot.
It supports your high arch and prevents it from escalating to other foot problems.
The mesh upper ensures breathability and adds stylishness to your looks. You can walk or run on any terrain without slipping off the ground. This is so because of the deep outsole lug beneath your shoe.
- Its comfort and support are second to none.
- You can walk on slippery or wet ground with confidence
- It is lightweight and breathable
- It makes every stride you take worth it
- It fits tight at the toe box. You should order a half or full size above your usual size to get the perfect fit
- It wears out quickly, especially at the upper
11. Skechers Women's Go Walk 5-True Sneaker
When it comes to a perfect walking shoe for a high arch, leave it for Skechers Go Walk 5-True. It features a foot-contoured Goga mat insole that provides enough support to your high arch.
The dual-density Ultra Go outsole features a comfort pillar technology to establish maximum stability for your feet.
You can always find breathable comfort in the shoe as it features a mesh fabric upper. The elastic shoelace offers an adjustable fit to your foot.
- It provides maximum comfort and a secure fit for your feet
- The arch of your foot is optimally supported and secured
- It is stylish and is worn for any occasion
- It has strong traction that prevents you from slipping off the ground
- The outsoles do not last long
- It runs too small. You should order one size up from your regular size to ensure a perfect fit.
12. ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 8 Running Shoes
Although it is a running shoe, it can also serve as a walking shoe. It ensures smooth strides and comfort with the GEL technology cushioning midsole.
The arch is well-supported, and you can walk on any terrain without slipping off the ground.
- It is lightweight, breathable, and comfortable.
- It supports your arch and relieves you of plantar fasciitis
- It looks stylish for a running shoe
- It runs small and a little bit tight at the toe area. But you can order a size above your regular size to have a better fit.
- It is not durable as the materials wear out quickly after a few times of wear.
Walking shoes for men
13. Skechers Men's Gowalk Arch Fit-Athletic Workout Walking Shoe
Skechers GoWalk has a way of putting your arch in check with its contoured footbed. It makes strolling down the street or to a nearby mall so easy.
The fabric upper ensures breathability, while the rubber outsole provides strong traction to your feet.
- It has great cushioning and optimally supports your arch at every stride
- It is used for other sports activities, like jogging, training, treadmill, etc.
- It is an all-weather wear and easy to wash on a machine.
- It has a pull-up tab for easy slip-on and off
- It has a wide toe box for the wide version.
- The sole has large tread gaps that trap big stones
- The sole and upper are not durable
14. Brooks Ghost 14 Men's Neutral Running Shoe
Despite being a running shoe, Brooks Ghost 14 also serves as a walking shoe. It supports the arch of your foot with the contoured footbed and elevated heel.
The DNA LOFT and BioMoGo DNA provide extra cushioning to your feet.
It features a flex groove for natural foot movement and an outsole for traction and groove.
- It provides you with a secured and adjustable fit
- You can stand all day with this shoe as it is well-cushioned and contoured
- The mesh upper allows free ventilation to your feet so you don’t have a problem wearing it during summer.
- It runs too small in size
- The mesh upper is cheap and folds easily
- The lace is not made of good quality
15. Ecco Men's Biom Fjuel Train Walking Shoe
It is a lightweight walking shoe with a footbed that supports your high-arched foot. The shoe features a cushiony midsole that makes you feel like you are walking on clouds.
The soft collar padding provides you with maximum comfort and extra cushioning.
The TPU outsole with rubber inserts makes the shoe lightweight and grips firmly to your feet.
- It provides maximum stability and makes you enjoy every step you make
- It supports your high arch and prevents further problems for your feet.
- The shoe is lightweight and breathable
- It runs narrow
- The outsole is not durable
16. New Balance Men's 623 V3 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer
With this shoe, you don’t have to worry about your high arch or instep. The shoe features an EVA footbed that immediately contours to the shape of your feet to give you maximum support.
The injected molded EVA midsole ensures flexibility on every stride. You can walk on any terrain with confidence due to the rubber outsole featured in the shoe.
- It provides you with every support you can get for your high arch
- It is flexible and lightweight
- You can walk a long distance with the shoe, and you won’t feel any pain
- It is not durable. The sole is glued cheaply to the upper, which makes them separate after a minimal time of wear
- It runs small in size. You should one size up your usual size to get a perfect fit.
Best walking shoe for high arch review on Quora
Hiking shoes for women
17. Columbia Women's Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Shoe
Now, you can hike on the mountains without worrying about your high-arched foot.
The Columbia Newton Ridge features a well-cushioned midsole and contoured footbed to provide you with every support you need.
The outsole is well-grooved, and the collar is well-padded. You won’t suffer any ankle twists as the shaft is ankle-high.
- You can adjust it to your suitable fit
- It is water-resistant, and the outsole is sturdy
- It is stylish and has a breathable upper
- It supports the arch of your foot
- It is not waterproof
- The tongue becomes floppy and loses during hiking
- The leather peels off after a few times of wear
- It is not good in the winter
18. Dansko Paisley Waterproof Outdoor Sneakers
Make a blissful hike with this shoe. With its triple-density footbed and built-in technology midsole, your foot arch is optimally supported, and impact from the ground is absorbed.
The shoe ensures stability as you hike on a mountain as it features a grooved rubber outsole. The sneaker is treated for moisture management and reduces odor.
- It is water-resistant
- It protects and supports your foot arch
- The footbed is removable, so you can add your preferred orthotics
- It quickly wears out a few times wear
- The shoe runs wide
- It is too expensive for that kind of low quality
19. KEEN Women's Voyageur Low Height Breathable Hiking Shoe
This is the top best women’s hiking shoe for a high arch. First, it has an anatomical-shaped footbed to support your arch.
Then, it features a water-resistant leather upper that keeps your foot dry and allows airflow.
The outsole lugs ensure a firm grip on the rocky terrain. The shoe provides a secured fit as the tongue and collar are well-padded.
- It is breathable and water-resistant
- Your foot arch is fully secured and supported
- The shoe has a large toe box
- It is durable and has shock absorption
- It also features a pull-up tab for easy slip-on.
- It does not fully support the ankle
- The shoe is not flexible
20. Merrell Women's Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe
The shoe looks sturdy and can protect your feet muscles from straining. It features Kinetic Fit Advanced removable contoured insole and reinforced heel cushioning, which provide maximum support and comfort to your arch.
The Vibram TC5 and rubber outsole make the sole sturdy and grippy. The midsole is lightweight and absorbs shock from the ground.
- It offers enough traction to hike on any terrain.
- Your foot arch is well supported to prevent further damages
- The mesh upper allows ventilation to your feet
- It is odor-resistant
- It has a toe box, not wide enough for those with wide feet.
- It doesn’t have enough cushioning to stand on concrete all day
- It is not waterproof
Hiking shoes for men
21. Skechers Men's Relment Pelmo Hiking Boot
One of the men’s best hiking boots for a high arch. The contoured footbed helps to support the arch, while the elevated heel creates weight balance across your foot.
The shoe provides ankle support with the ankle-high shaft. It features 100% leather, and the outsole is rugged enough to protect your feet from slipping off the ground.
- It is flexible, and you can adjust the strap for a suitable fit
- It has a pull-up tab which enables easy slip-on
- It keeps your feet warm and dry all-day
- It requires no break-in period as it fits right out of the box
- The laces are too short and round that they won’t stay laced
- The laces do not last. It is either they shed their skin or break
22. Columbia Men's Newton Ridge Plus Ii Waterproof Hiking Boot Shoe
Like every other shoe enlisted in this article, this shoe supports the arch and distributes weight across your foot with the anatomically-shaped footbed.
It has different upper materials, including suede, leather, and mesh. Of which the mesh material creates room for maximum ventilation.
It features a responsive and supportive midsole and super-grip outsole for any terrain. The shoe is ankle high and features a lace-up closure for an adjustable fit.
- The price is easy on the wallet
- It fits right out of the box
- It is lightweight and comfortable
- It offers great grip on all surface
- The sole is not durable enough
- The boot is not waterproof. You should use waterproofing treatment so it can be water-repellant
23. Foxelli Men's Hiking Boots
Another podiatrist recommended hiking shoes for a high arch. The shoe is conformed to support your raised arch and offers to cushion your ankle. The rubber outsole is slip-proof and ensures stability on any terrain.
The suede leather and mesh upper keep your feet dry all day. You don’t have to worry about sizes as the shoe appears in different ranges of sizes for your perfect fit.
- Each pair of the boot comes with a pair of socks and extra lace
- It is lightweight and has no break-in period because it fits right out of the box.
- It offers maximum cushioning and support
- The lace frays quickly after a few times of wear
Do I need arch support if I have a high arch?
Yes, you do. Arch support bridges the gap between your arch and floor. It relieves your foot of pressure and strain by distributing weight across your foot. It also absorbs the impact, which your high-arched foot don’t absorb when you walk.
If you don’t wear arch support for your high arch, chances are you will deal with foot pains that may occur.
What can a podiatrist do for high arches?
A podiatrist may advise you to insert custom orthotics into your shoe or recommend shoes with custom orthotics and ankle braces. You will also be advised to undergo physical therapy to learn stretching and to strengthen techniques.
This will help improve your muscle tone and tendon flexibility. There are also surgical options that may be recommended by podiatrists, such as;
Tendon transfer surgery, osteotomy, arthrodesis, and plantar fascia release. You can visit Ryan foot and ankle clinic to learn about them in detail.
Should I see a podiatrist for high arches?
Yes, you should. High arches, whether inherited or developed should not be ignored. Seeing a podiatrist on time will prevent the worsening of the foot problem and correct other abnormalities in your gait.
Take your time to study these shoes for your high-arched foot. Luckily, it is grouped for different purposes like running, walking, and hiking, so it will be easier for you.
These shoes checked all boxes for arch support and provide enough cushioning to your feet.