Crocs footwear was initially designed for non-slip and waterproof benefits in boats, beaches, and pools. Today, Crocs has gone beyond that and is now common for people with plantar fasciitis.
The Crocs LiteRide clog, for example, has orthotic features which make it suitable for people with plantar fasciitis. There are other versions aside from the LiteRide clog that we have reviewed in this post.
So, if all you need is the right pair of Crocs footwear to protect your feet, cushion your heel, and support your arch, this article will guide you on that. We have researched and found 8 Crocs recommended for people with plantar fasciitis.
Related: What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
Most times, plantar fasciitis develops without a known cause, but some factors could expose you to the risk of developing the foot ailment, such as;
- Running, jogging, or consistently standing on your feet all day causes the overstretching of the connective tissue or fascia in your foot.
- High pressure on the arch of your foot
- Obesity or poor foot mechanics such as flat feet or high arches
- Consistently putting on footwear with a thin insole and lacks arch support
- Age: Plantar fasciitis is most common in individuals who are in the range between 40 and 60 years old, according to MayoClinic.
Are Crocs Good for Plantar Fasciitis?
Yes, they are good for plantar fasciitis. The right pair of Crocs footwear wraps around your feet and cushions your heel. It features a thick cushioned insole with maximum arch support and incredible fit.
It has enough room for the flexibility of your toes and a deep heel cup to create balance on your feet and enables stability. It is lightweight, breathable, and helps blood circulation on your feet, especially for those with diabetes.
Features of Good Crocs for Plantar Fasciitis
To find good Crocs footwear to alleviate plantar fasciitis, you have to check out the following features:
- Cushioned, thick insole with maximum arch support
- Proper fitting on your feet. It should not be too tight or too loose to slide down on your feet while walking.
- A roomy toe box is ideal for your feet.
- A deep heel cup to help rest the ball of your foot while standing
1. Crocs Literide Clog
This style of Crocs clog made it to the list because of its superb cushioning. It features a LiteRide foam footbed to establish balance and comfort on your feet. It is very soft and light and provides a relaxed fit which makes it a good fit for plantar fasciitis.
The Croslite foam outsole provides durability, stability, and all-day support on your feet. The clog offers a great fit right out of the box due to the flexible Matlite upper featured.
Happy User: “I’ve had plantar fasciitis for nine months and wanted shoes with good cushioning to wear in the house (instead of slippers which generally have rubbish cushioning). These LiteRide clogs are ventilated to keep your feet cool…”
- Light and offers maximum comfort
- Provides sufficient cushioning to your feet
- Supports the arch and balances the ball of your foot
- Has a roomy toe box for the free movement of your toes
- It is unisex
- It is expensive
Price: $32 – $123
Related: Oofos vs Crocs: Which is Better?
2. Crocs Athens Flip-Flop
The Crocs Anthem flip-flop looks exquisite and is comforting. It features a double-cushioned, extra soft Croslite foam footbed with a foot contour that offers maximum arch support and proper blood circulation on your feet.
The insole has massage dots to relax your feet, while the outsole is for a non-slip effect on your feet. It has wide styling for the securement of your feet and to ensure a roomy fit. Unlike the typical flip-flop standard, Crocs flip-flop guarantees a healthy foot at its peak.
Happy User: “I tried these Crocs Athens sandals. Oh, man… Do they feel good?! I get wonderful arch support and amazing cushioning across the whole foot from toe to heel, and I have no pain when I’m on my feet all day. I can stand on concrete for three days, all day, and have zero issues and no more ‘tired feet syndrome’ for me.”
- Soft and durable
- Slip and odor resistant
- Supports your foot arch and ensures extreme comfort to your feet.
- It is unisex
- It is not true to size as it runs bigger than the usual size
Price: $20 – $30
3. Crocs Women’s Swiftwater Flip-Flop
An athletic-inspired flip flop constructed to support your foot arch and to maintain your uprightness. The Croslite foam footbed has a foot contour with a deep heel cup and a wide toe area to keep a healthy foot.
The flip-flop is water and slip-resistant as it features a flex grooved rubber outsole to enhance your traction on any surface. The soft, flexible Matlite upper offers a mushy feeling while taking your feet to a comfort zone.
Happy User: “The shoes feel great. I have plantar fasciitis and it’s helping my feet.”
- Water and slip resistant
- The massage dots on the insole can be spongy and scratchy
Price: $35 – $50
4. Crocs Women’s Capri V
You can never go wrong with this athletic-inspired footwear with a double Croslite foam footbed. The footbed ensures maximum cushioning and support.
Like other flip-flops mentioned here, the Capri V flip-flop has a foot contour on the footbed that easily accommodates the shape of your foot. It has a deep heel cup which ensures stability, and a deep treaded outsole for maximum traction.
It offers a relaxed fit and enough room for your toes to fit in. Together, it ensures a healthy foot and alleviates your feet from plantar fasciitis.
Happy User: “I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend these flip-flops to anyone who suffers from plantar fasciitis. I lived in these for a week and will be buying another for the summer.”
- Offers comfort and support right out of the box
- Durable and offers slip resistance to your feet
- Very affordable
- It may cause sweaty feet
Price: $37.5 – $75.22
Read Also: 8 Reasons Why People Like Crocs
5. Crocs Unisex LiteRide Slide Sandals
You can take easy steps on this Crocs slide. It provides maximum cushioning with the Next Generation LiteRide foam insoles. The insoles are super soft and light, ensuring comfort and support on every part of your foot.
It has a wide toe area which offers a relaxed fit. To get the right fit on your foot, you should order a size down of your usual size. This flip flop promotes all-day support and comfort right out of the box with the soft, flexible Matlite upper.
Happy User: “I love LiteRide slides. These slides cured my plantar fasciitis. I cannot wear flip-flops anymore and had to switch to slides.”
- The upper stretches and molds to the contour of your feet for a perfect fit
- Provides extraordinary arch support and maximum comfort to your feet
- Durable and breathable.
- Alleviates plantar fasciitis from your feet
- It doesn’t run true to size, but it depends on your foot shape. If you have a wide foot, order a half size up, but if you have a narrow foot, order a half or a whole size down.
Price: $30 – $108
6. Crocs Men’s Yukon Vista 2 Clogs
Other than the unique design of Crocs clog, the Yukon clog also offers comfort and supports your foot arch. It takes you many steps away from plantar fasciitis with the Croslite foam footbed, which handles pressure and balances the weight on your foot.
Unlike many other Crocs clogs, this Yukon clog features a vegan leather upper to spice up the masculine look. It also has an adjustable hook and loop closure for a suitable fit. And you can take easy steps on any terrain as the clog also features a deep-grooved Croslite foam outsole.
Happy User: “They are comfortable as heck! Like walking on a memory foam mattress all shift. It cured my aching foot issue. I would replace these clogs with the same model in a heartbeat if something happened to them.”
- Super comfy and light.
- Suitable for people who stand all day at their workplace.
- Easy to clean
- It is not true to size. You should order a size up of your usual size for a perfect fit.
Price: $40 – $134
7. Crocs Women’s Literide Stretch Sandals
Aside from clogs, slides, and flip-flops, Crocs also produce comfy sandals. Sadly, this particular one is only for women. They offer super cushioning and comfort to your feet.
It features the super-soft LiteRide foam insole with a foot contour and a deep heel cup to support the arch and ball of your foot. The insole also has massage dots to relax your foot and provide it with exquisite comfort.
The stretchable gore upper ensures a perfect fit right out of the box, while the Croslite foam outsole provides durability, support, and maximum stability while walking on any terrain.
Happy User: “I love these sandals so much. I have plantar fasciitis, but it was instant relief, like a massage for your feet. I am so happy I decided to proceed with this impulse purchase…”
- Relieves you of your foot pain.
- Offers maximum cushioning and support to your feet
- Very affordable
- It runs narrow. You should order a size up for a perfect fit
- It is not unisex
Price: $21 – $84
8. Crocs Women’s Cleo Sandal
Here is another Crocs sandal with two straps at the upper. It has a slender footbed profile with an elevated heel to enhance the feminine style. The footbed is incredibly soft and comfortable, as it is double-cushioned with the Croslite foam.
It has a foot contour that perfectly accommodates the shape of your feet to maximum support. The footbed also features massage dots, which help to relax and ensure blood circulation around your feet. The Croslite foam outsole enables comfort, superior-gripping, and non-marking effects.
Happy User: “They are super comfy and add complete support to my plantar fasciitis foot. Originally, I bought this black Crocs sandal specifically for home use, but I ended up walking all around the vicinity. They are so comfortable.”
- Promotes comfort and stability on your feet
- Relieves you of your foot pain
- Breathable and water-resistant
- It is not true to size
- The massage dots on the insole make it painful to wear
Price: Approx. $20 – $88
Related: Can You Wear Crocs to the Beach?
Crocs brand is known to produce footwear to prevent or alleviate plantar fasciitis. However, not all Crocs footwear gives that privilege, but getting the right pair of Crocs footwear would help you in the healing process. With this list at least, you have some versions to watch or try.