White shoes are bright and very beautiful and stylish when they are new and clean.
But that can easily change due to a couple of reasons ranging from natural wear and tear, harsh weather conditions, or dirt.
Nonetheless, cleaning white shoes is possible and doable but it requires patience and time.
In this guide, we will put you through how to clean your white shoes, and make them good as new.
The Various Methods of Cleaning White Shoes
1. Cleaning with Bleach
- Dilute the bleach with water. Bleach works perfectly for white fabric shoes.
- Make sure to put on protective gloves while using the bleach to avoid any irritation of the skin.
- With a toothbrush clean in small circles to loosen the stains. Put your toothbrush into the bleach solution and start scrubbing your shoes.
- Clean the Bleach solution off your shoes with a damp towel.
- Put your shoes in a well-ventilated area to dry.
2. Cleaning with Soap and Water
- Mix soap (preferably dishwashing soap) into warm water. This works on all types of white shoes.
- Wipe the soles and rubber parts with a soft foam that was dipped in the water and soap.
- Dip the toothbrush into the water and soap so that the bristles are wet then use it to scrub the shoe.
- Using a towel dry excess water.
- Spread to dry.
3. Cleaning with Baking Soda
- Mix in baking soda, vinegar and hot water in a bowl to form a paste.
- Using a toothbrush apply the baking soda paste on your shoes.
- Allow the paste to dry for 2-3 hours.
- Use a toothbrush to remove the dried paste and then clap your shoes together.
4. Cleaning with Toothpaste
- Use a damp towel to wet your shoes.
- Use a toothbrush to apply some toothpaste on the shoes. Make sure to use white non-gel toothpaste.
- Wipe the toothpaste off with a wet towel.
- Air dry your shoes for 3-4 hours.
The Bottom Line
We will like to state that prevention is better than cure.
That is, it is better to prevent your white shoes from getting dirty than to start looking for ways to clean them.
That is why we advise that before putting on your white shoes for the first time, you treat them with a spray-on stain and water repellant.
You should do this every few weeks in order to protect them from whatever you may face while wearing them out.
These methods are guaranteed to clean your white shoes and make them sparkly like new ones.