Plantar fasciitis is not an experience that should be allowed to become recurrent. The inflammation of the plantar fascia- a connective tissue that lies beneath the foot leaves a very sharp pain on the foot.
It occurs mostly on stepping down from the bed in the morning and during or after exercises. For most runners to avoid this experience, good Hoka shoes are employed. Most of these Hoka shoes for plantar fasciitis, we’ll discuss today.
How Can Good Shoes Help With Plantar Fasciitis?
As earlier said, certain things trigger the inflammation of the plantar fascia- causing pain at the sole of the feet, especially at the heel area. These factors that enhance the risks of plantar fasciitis include;
1. Obesity: Obesity can increase the chances of experiencing plantar fasciitis.
2. Exercise: plantar fasciitis is experienced mostly while walking, running, or during other workouts. It may occur at the beginning of the exercise or during a short period of rest.
3. Age: Plantar fasciitis also tends to occur more in older persons than younger ones. Having seen how plantar fasciitis works, it interests me to let you know that good shoes can help with plantar fasciitis.
Shoes for plantar fasciitis will have a cushioning body, a ridged sole, and a palatable insole with proper arch support.
It will relieve the muscles of the feet as well as the plantar fascia of most work and reduce its tendency to contract or stretch.
Read Also: Best 12 Skechers for Plantar Fasciitis
Best Hoka shoes for plantar fasciitis
1. Hoka One One Bondi 7
Hoka One One Bondi 7 is one of the most comfortable shoes you can put on for walking or running purposes without having to nurture the in-worth fear of being attacked by plantar fasciitis. The shoe was carefully built to manage your feet, less pain, and increase comfortability.
With the uppers made of highly breathable and lightweight textile mesh with synthetic overlays, Hoka Bondi 7 gives a perfect feeling.
The midsole consists of a full-length EVA for shock absorption, causing you to hardly even notice that you’re walking. Not to talk of the removable padded insole for absolute comfortable
Bondi 7 has its outsole made of roughened rubber to provide absolute grip and traction, lightweight, and floating feel.
- Materials used: Textile mesh for the uppers with a breathable textile lining, full-length EVA for mid-sole, foam padded insole, and rubber outsole.
- Available colors: Black, Ballard, Blue, Blue Iris, Blue haze
- Highly breathable
- Highly comfortable
- Relieves the pain of plantar fasciitis
- Moderate arch support
- Allows for flexibility of toes due to highly spaced toe boxes
- Gives a bouncing or floating feel, thereby carrying most of the stress in walking or running.
- Runs smaller than normal size
- Constantly wearing these shoes may permanently weaken the muscles and fascia of the feet.
2. Hoka One One Clifton 7
Clifton is one of the shoes that sings Hakuna Matata to your ears when going for long-distance road work or jogging.
Isn’t it amazing how a single shoe can ease you of so much stress and pain that accompanies walking and running and save you from the dreaded plantar fasciitis?
With a breathable textile mesh for the uppers, this shoe maintains a good ventilation system to keep your toes smiling while on the task.
With a padded insole and absorbent midsole, your legs are comfortable sitting on the most comfortable layers with the textile lining of the shoe body preventing abrasion and encouraging a lightweight and breathable atmosphere.
The outsole was fashioned not to jeopardize your steps but to encourage a firm grip with its toothed rubber sole to encourage stability and confidence.
- Materials used: Full-length EVA for the midsole, foam pad for insole, rubber for outsole, and engineered mesh textile for the uppers.
- Available colors: Fiesta, wild dove/ dark shadow, white, black, grey, etc
- Has a sustainable arch support
- Relieves pain from inflammation of plantar fascia- and prevents it too
- Highly comfortable and breathable
- Provides enough space for the toes to occupy
- Slightly smaller than the said size
3. Hoka One One Arahi 5
Hoka One One Arahi 5 was made to have a slightly S-shaped sole to support the muscle elevating the arches of the foot and curtailing the risk of being attacked by plantar fasciitis.
The shoe is endowed with lots of features which amongst them are
A removable foam padded insole to aid stability, comfortability and for easy walking and running tasks
A vertical pull tab in the shoe to aid in slipping your legs into the shoe
A moderate heel bevel for a smooth ride and a full-ground contact with the rubber outsole. This rubber outsole also ensures a smooth and stable ride.
- Materials used: Mesh fabric for uppers, rubber outsole, padded foam insole, full-length EVA midsole.
- Available colors: Blue fog/provincial blue, black/white.
- It feels light on the feet
- It is breathable and comfortable
- It has wonderful arch support. It eases pain and helps those with foot problems
- It is not so durable, but with careful use, it will last longer
4. Hoka one one Bondi 6 LTR
Hoka Bondi 6 provides smoothness and balance while walking due to the presence of a full EVA midsole. The midsole layer supports the arches of the foot so that the risk of plantar fasciitis is minimized.
The assured comfort of Hoka One One Bondi 6 LTR comes from its breathable uppers made of mesh fabric and meta rocker technology. The rubber outsole increases support, stability, and firm grip.
Materials used: Breathable mesh fabric for uppers, rubber outsole, meta-rocker technology, and full-length EVA for the midsole.
- Available colors: Arctic dusk, blue, black, Marlin
- It is very comfortable and breathable
- It is a roomy toe box
- The arch support is just above the average
- It is slip-resistant due to the multi-lugged rubber outsole
- It runs smaller than the normal size
5. Hoka One One Rincon 2
Most runners choose Rincon as their best option for fighting the advances of plantar fasciitis because of its outstanding features and its intense arch-supportive nature.
It offers optimal comfort at your feet and eases your foot pain, not just for runners but also for other people who combine them with regular outfits.
The comfort is assured due to the padded foam insole and the EVA footbed midsole used in the shoe. The shoe does not only offer comfort but looks stylish and breathable. With the help of a mesh fabric upper, it allows for the penetration of air to your feet.
The rubber sole ensures foot stability and stamina as you walk or run.
- Materials used: Breathable mesh fabric upper, rubber outsole, padded foam insole, EVA midsole
- Available colors: Moonlight Blue, Odyssey grey, Cordova/anthracite
- With the padded foam insole and Eva footbed midsole, you can be assured of great comfort and shock-absorbing features.
- It has a roomy toe box for your comfort
- It is breathable as well
- It is slip-resistant, judging from the lagging on the outsole
- It is not true to size as it runs smaller than said size.
6. Hoka One One Challenger ATR 5
The comfort Hoka Challenger gives due to the padded insole, while your feet are buried in it, can’t be underestimated.
The shoe makes you feel fast and light on the trail because its midsole geometry delivers a stress-free ride on the road.
Its upper provides breathability with the help of the mesh fabric. The shoe gives a high sense of relief to those in pain from plantar fasciitis and other foot injuries as it provides considerable space where the toes can rest on.
- Materials used: Multi-lugged rubber outsole, padded foam insole, Mesh fabric upper.
- Available colors: Ebony/black
- It provides stability, comfort, extra cushioning to your feet
- It has arch support to ease pain
- It is slip-resistant
- It is a bit heavy
- Not true to size
7. Hoka One One Stinson ATR 6
The Hoka One One Stinson ATR 6 has excellent cushioning and absorbency features that bring relief for victims of plantar fasciitis. Its features also ensure some level of stability and comfort to the user.
The Uppers of the shoe is made of recycled polyester with an engineered mesh design and a TPU reinforced toe cap for durability. There are also added wings for more structured support and secure lockdown.
The absorbent features are taken care of by the WMEVA midsole, while the rubber outsole with 4mm lugs serves for grip on outdoor trails and stability.
- Materials used: TPU reinforced toe cap, recycled polyester with engineered mesh design for uppers, rubber for sole, WMEVA for the midsole
- Available colors: Dark blue/high risk red, gray/ marigold, blue/ saffron
- Exceptional cushioning
- Exceptional grip
- Good foot stability
- Highly breathable
- Quality materials are used, especially in the toe box
- Low abrasion resistance of the edge of the soles
- Not true to size
8. Hoka One One Challenger ATR 6
The Hoka One Challenger 5 has ideal features that help individuals that suffer from Plantar Fasciitis.
The shoe uppers are made of breathable mesh uppers with a moisture-wicking lining. There is also a cushioned foam padded insole and a CMEVA midsole for shock absorbency.
It is finally crowned with a durable rubber sole with strategically placed 4mm lug patterns on the tread for better grip on wet and slippery terrains.
- Materials used: Padded foam for insole, CMEVA for the midsole,
- Available colors: Torques, black, orange, blue, red.
- Highly comfortable
- Highly breathable
- Padded insole allows for shock absorption, support, and comfort.
- A rigid heel counter provides absolute stability.
- Not true to size
Hoka shoes are shoes that leave you with a painless experience no matter how stressful or exhausting the task might be. Its design makes it a healing trainer for plantar fasciitis. They are stylish, comfortable, and highly glued to purpose.
Which of these shoes do you think will be the best for you, having seen eight different shoes that bring relief to plantar fasciitis?
Well, the best is to consider price, color, and durability.