The plantar fascia is a thick, web-like ligament that connects your heel to the front of your toes. It serves to support the arch of your feet and absorb shock.
Exerting too much pressure on your feet could tear the ligaments, and that leads to inflammation. This inflammation causes foot pain and stiffness, as a result, leads to plantar fasciitis.
People who have plantar fasciitis or are yet to have it, need footwear that helps to support the foot arch in order not to overstress the ligament of their feet. The ASICS brand had deemed it necessary to consider people who go through such pain on their feet.
The brand produced many arch-supportive shoes that help to ease foot pain. In this article are the best ASICS shoes that have great arch support and cures plantar fasciitis.
|1||ASICS Gel-Nimbus 23||$114.66 – $325.50|
|2||ASICS GT-1000 10||$70.00 – $194.81|
|3||ASICS Gel-Kayano 26||$99.95 – $289.90|
|4||ASICS Gel-Kahana 8||$67.95 – $89.94|
|5||ASICS Glideride||$93.36 – $259.45|
|6||ASICS Gel-Excite 6||$49.95 – $149.00|
|7||ASICS Gel-Sonoma 4||$44.95 – $122.00|
|8||ASICS Gel-Contend 6||$39.95 – $149.97|
|9||ASICS Novablast||$83.39 – $247.75|
|10||ASICS Jolt 2||$44.95 – $149.99|
1. ASICS Gel-Nimbus 23
The Nimbus had improved in so many years up to its 23 version. This shoe is well-recommended for those with plantar fasciitis due to its enormous support to your arch.
Thanks to the GEL technology cushioning unit and contoured design lines that bring comfort and softness to your feet. They also absorb shock and bring more compression to your heels.
The upper obtained from recycled materials are engineered into the mesh to enhance breathability and stability. For a runner, the shoe features FlyteFoam propel technology – ASICS energetic foam that renders a bouncing feature to your feet.
- Materials: Mesh fabric upper, GEL technology cushioning unit, FlyteFoam propels technology.
- Color variations: Grand shark/digital aqua, black/white, black/black, digital aqua/white.
- Price: $114.66 – $325.50
- It has high arch support
- It is very comfortable and breathable
- It fits right out of the box
- It is lightweight
- It doesn’t have enough room for your toes
2. ASICS GT-1000 10
If there’s any shoe that supports the foot arch and prevents the overstress of the foot ligament, it is this shoe. The GT-1000 10 has a DuoMax Support system – a dual-density midsole system that enhances support and stability.
It also features a rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system which helps to absorb shock during the impact phase and allows a smooth ride.
The shoe ensures a non-skid ride with the AHAR Plus outsole that is 50 percent more durable than standard ASICS high abrasion rubber.
With the engineered mesh upper, you can receive maximum ventilation on your feet.
- Materials: Mesh upper, FLYTEFOAM technology, GEL technology cushioning system, DuoMax Support system, AHAR Plus outsole.
- Color variations: Tourmaline/white, Piedmont grey/pure silver, white/classic red, black/hot pink.
- Price: $70.00 – $194.81
- It provides support and stability to your feet
- It is lightweight
- It is highly comfortable
- It doesn’t have a roomy toe box
- It is not true to size. Consider buying half size up
3. ASICS Gel-Kayano 26
There’s so much support and comfort from this shoe. With the help of SpevaFoam 45 lasting material, it makes your feet feel the softness; thereafter is the comfort.
Gel-Kayano 26 also features an impact guidance system technology that enhances the free movement of the feet from heel strike to toe-off, bringing continuous comfort to your feet.
The shoe also consists of FlyteFoam Lyte technology – a lightweight midsole. Not only that, the shoe gives a bouncing feeling to your feet with a FlyteFoam Propel technology in association with the elastomer compound. But in all of these, you need maximum support and stability.
And that is why the shoe features a dynamic DuoMax Support system which reduces weight and increases platform support. The breathability of the shoe cannot be underrated as it has a breathable mesh fabric upper.
- Materials: SpevaFoam 45, FlyteFoam Lyte technology, FlyteFoam propel technology, dynamic DuoMax Support system, mesh fabric upper.
- Color variations: Black, white, polar shade, metropolis, blue coast, birch.
- Price: $99.95 – $289.90
- It has moderate arch support
- The shoe ensures breathability, comfort, stability, and support
- It has a roomy toe box
- The insole is not durable
- It doesn’t fit true to size
4. ASICS Gel-Kahana 8
With Gel-Kahana 8, the pain you feel on your feet is stopped. It provides great arch support for those with plantar fasciitis.
Thanks to the DuoMax Support System that ensures full support and stability to your feet. Shock absorption during the impact phase is carried out by the rearfoot GEL cushioning system that is also featured in the shoe.
You can as well experience a bouncing feature with the EVA midsole. It also increases the durability of the midsole.
The upper is made of mesh fabric for your breathability and comfort. People seek out this feature for full-time ventilation on their feet.
You may not want a heavy shoe as a plantar fasciitis patient. So, the shoe also features a trusstic system that reduces the weight of the sole unit and keeps the structural integrity of the shoe intact.
With the trail-specific outsole, the shoe keeps you on track.
- Materials: Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System, SpEVA Midsole, DuoMax Support System, Trusstic System, Trail Specific Outsole, mesh upper.
- Color variations: Shark, black, dark navy, grey, blue.
- Price: $67.95 – $89.94
- It has great arch support
- The shoe is versatile
- It offers comfort, stability, and support to your feet
- The toe box runs narrow
- It is not true to size
5. ASICS Glideride
For a smooth ride in comfort on the road, the shoe supports your foot arch and reduces stress on the foot ligament.
These good attributes come from the FlyteFoam Midsole Technology. It provides incredible bounce and feeling for any distance.
The FlyteFoam Midsole also ensures the lightweight of the shoe. The rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system allows a smooth ride on the trail and helps to absorb shock at the impact phase.
The shoe also provides reduced ankle flexion and a shock-absorbent landing zone with the help of GUIDESOLE Technology – a curved sole design and stiff forefoot. Breathability is also assured as the shoe also features an engineered mesh upper.
- Materials: Engineered mesh upper, rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system, FlyteFoam Midsole Technology, Guidesole Technology.
- Color variations: directoire blue, black, graphite grey, grey floss, white, etc.
- Price: $93.36 – $259.45
- It is great for arch support
- It provides comfort and stability to your feet
- The forefoot is a bit hard and stiff
6. ASICS Gel-Excite 6
When looking out for shoes to ease your foot pain, do not overlook this stylish silhouette. It typically helps those with plantar fasciitis. The AmpliFaom midsole ensures that you enjoy comfort, flexibility, and cushioning on your feet.
It also helps to maintain the durability of the shoe at softer densities and provides a platform for your natural running.
As always, the rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system attenuates shock at the impact phase and allows for a smooth ride.
The upper is made of an engineered mesh fabric which calls for maximum ventilation and comfort. Its multi-lugged rubber outsole never disappoints in delivering strong traction and firm grip to your feet.
- Materials: AmpliFaom midsole, rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system, Ortholite sock liner, mesh fabric upper, rubber outsole.
- Color variations: Steel grey, heritage blue, black, white, etc.
- Price: $49.95 – $149.00
- It is lightweight and breathable
- It offers comfort and maximum stability
- The arch support is superb
- Its sole is a bit stiff
7. ASICS Gel-Sonoma 4
It never goes wrong with GEL-Sonoma 4 trail running shoes. It creates enough support to your arch, reducing the stress of the ligament.
The shoe featuring an AmpliFaom midsole made it suitable for plantar fasciitis patients as it offers maximum comfort and flexibility to their feet. It as well provides the durability of your shoe and causes the lightweight of the shoe.
The shoe can also absorb shock with the help of rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system during an impact phase. The reversed lugs of the trail-specific outsole of the shoe ensure a firm grip on all types of terrain.
Not forgetting the breathability advantage the shoe offers due to the mesh fabric upper featured in the shoe. Lastly, its Ortholite sock liner helps to sock moisture and keep your feet dry.
- Materials: Rubber outsole, Ortholite sock liner, mesh fabric upper, AmpliFaom midsole, rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system.
- Color variations: Black/papaya, black/sun coral, carrier grey/black
- Price: $44.95 – $122.00
- It is durable
- It is lightweight, breathable, and has exceptional arch support.
- It delivers comfort right out of the box
- It doesn’t have a roomy toe box
- It is not good for runners as the sole is stiff
8. ASICS Gel-Contend 6
Gel-Content 6 offers long-lasting comfort and support, courtesy of the AmpliFaom midsole that brings great comfort and durability to the shoe. At the collar is extra padding which creates softness on your heel.
Absorption of shock is also an attribute of this shoe, and it is led by the rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system. Free airflow to your feet is ensured by the engineered mesh fabric upper.
The multi-lugged rubber outsole keeps up at ensuring strong traction and durability of the shoe.
Absorption of moisture cannot be left out as the shoe also ensures that with the help of the Ortholite sock liner.
- Materials: Mesh upper fabric, rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system, AmpliFaom midsole, Ortholite sock liner, rubber outsole.
- Color variations: Carrier grey, graphite grey, sheetrock, black, etc.
- Price: $39.95 – $149.97
- It offers comfort and support at its peak
- It has a roomy toe box
- It has exceptional arch support. Highly recommended for plantar fasciitis patients
- It is not good for a long run
9. ASICS Novablast
Like others in this list, this shoe offers incredible arch support to your feet and reduces foot pain. With the FlyteFoam blast midsole, the shoe offers great responsiveness and cushioning to your feet.
It also brings about bouncing of your feet, makes you feel like you are walking on a marshmallow. At the top of the shoe is an engineered mesh fabric upper for the free airflow to your feet.
With the AHAR Plus outsole with its strategically lugged pattern, you are assured of a firm grip ride as there will be no need of slipping off the ground. The Ortholite sock liner helps in underfoot comfort and excellent moisture management.
- Materials: Lace-up vamp, FlyteFoam blast, AHAR Plus outsole, mesh fabric upper, rubber outsole.
- Color variations: Piedmont grey, aquarium, white, black, etc.
- Price: $83.39 – $247.75
- It is stylish and versatile
- Highly recommended for those with plantar fasciitis
- It runs wide
- Ensures comfort and stability
- It is not fit for a long run
- It doesn’t run true to size
10. ASICS Jolt 2
Walk and run with confidence in this great silhouette. It offers incredible support to your arch. The energized cushioning technology delivers support and comfort to your feet.
Its EVA Midsole helps to absorb shock and gives you a bouncing back quality. Similarly, the removable EVA sock liner ensures an underfoot cushioning performance.
At the upper is the well-mesh fabric that allows for the ventilation of your feet. For the durability of the shoe, the shoe features a hard-wearing, molded rubber outsole and it also serves as strong traction and firm grip to your feet.
- Materials: Mesh fabric upper, rubber outsole, EVA Midsole, EVA sock liner, energized cushioning Technology.
- Color variations: Glacier grey, steel grey, Piedmont grey, black/aquarium, black/cotton candy
- Prices: $44.95 – $149.99
- Optimal comfort and stability
- Great arch support
- Roomy toe box
- Great for runners
- Stiff insole
- It doesn’t fit true to size
Is it not amazing that sports shoes are recommended for plantar fasciitis patients?
This quality shows a good work of craft which the ASICS brand never tried to disappoint.
Having a fascinating shoe that helps support your arch and reduce stress at the ligament of your feet is an underrated enjoyment. You may not know what it feels like to ease the pain of your feet until you try one of these kicks out.
Top 10 Slip-Resistant Skechers Work Shoes
10 Best Women’s Office Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
10 Best Skechers Shoes for Nurses
10 Best Skechers for Arch Support — Review, Pros, & Cons
Crocs Review & Answer to FAQs — History and Design