Walking is a low-stress workout most people can do. Health Day reports that a walk of about 45 minutes burns about 300 calories. That’s a simple way to keep fit.
To make a perfect walk, one needs great footwear. A walking shoe must be comfortable, slip-resistant, stable, great arch support, flexible, and painless.
The running shoes of Hoka One One can as well serve the same purpose as a walking shoe. These Hoka shoes serve a great purpose in bringing comfort to your feet.
Below is a review of 10 Hoka One One shoes that we recommend as walking shoes. Let’s have a look.
Hoka One One Gaviota 2
This is the second iteration of the Gaviota shoe with new features that makes it more comfortable for walking. With a J-frame design, the shoe offers superior cushioning to your feet.
While at it, it helps to deliver support and protects your feet without the use of rough materials. It also renders consistency in fit and ride. With a new upper made from engineered mesh, the shoe offers maximum breathability.
- Materials used: Breathable mesh fabric upper, Hoka One One J-frame design.
- Available colors: Lead/anthracite, imperial blue/anthracite, black, grey.
- Price: $150.00 – $259.95
- It offers great comfort and ventilation to your feet
- It supports your feet and makes them stable while walking on it
- It has great arch support
- It has a roomy toe box
- It doesn’t run true to size. You should purchase higher than your usual size
HOKA One One Bondi 7
You can walk down the stairs like a pro while feeling like you are on a pillow with this shoe. The comfort of the shoe is magnificent with the help of the removable, padded foam.
This shoe is the seventh iteration of Bondi. This version came with lots of fascinating features. It features a breathable open engineered textile mesh upper with seamless synthetic overlays for ventilation.
The shoe was constructed in a low profile at the ankle for the free movement of the ankle. The rubber outsole offers a better grip on your feet for stability and great traction.
The removable textile lining in the shoe is for abrasion-free wear.
- Materials used: Textile mesh upper, breathable textile lining, foam padded insole, rubber outsole.
- Available colors: Black, Ballard blue, blue Iris, blue haze.
- Price: $189.00 – $319.37
- It is lightweight
- Very comfortable to walk on
- It is breathable
- It has a roomy toe box which makes the toes flexible
- It has a moderate arch support
- It allows no pain while walking on it
- It runs smaller than the normal size
Hoka One One Clifton 7
It cannot go wrong with Clifton. A high-quality shoe that offers great cushioning and support with the removable, foam padded insole. It makes walking long-distance fun without feeling any ounce of pain.
The durable full-length EVA midsole absorbs shock and offers additional stability. The upper is made of an engineered mesh upper with seamless synthetic overlays for breathability and comfort.
For your abrasion-free wear, the shoe also consists of a breathable textile lining. The outsole does what it does best by offering firm grip and strong traction to your feet. It ensures a non-skid walk and boosts your confidence.
- Materials used: Engineered mesh upper with seamless synthetic overlays, foam padded insole, rubber outsole, Eva midsole.
- Available colors: Fiesta, wild dove/dark shadow, white, black, grey, etc.
- Price: $148.00 – $259.99
- It is slip-resistant
- It offers comfort and stability at its peak
- The toe box is wide for the flexibility of your toes
- The shoe has a great arch support
- It runs smaller than normal size. It is advised that you purchase half or one up of your normal size.
Hoka One One Rincon 2
Just as it is good for runners, so it is good for people who wish to walk with it. It offers optimal comfort at your feet and eases your foot pain.
This attribute is led by the padded foam insole and the EVA footbed midsole used in the shoe. The shoe does not only offer comfort but looks stylish and breathable. With the help of a mesh fabric upper, it allows for the penetration of air to your feet.
With the rubber outsole, you can find the boldness in wearing the shoe as the rubber outsole helps in keeping you on track and ensures a firm grip on your feet.
- Materials used: Breathable mesh fabric upper, rubber outsole, padded foam insole, EVA midsole
- Available colors: Moonlight blue, Odyssey grey, Cordova/anthracite
- Price: $139.60 – $249.95
- With the padded foam insole and Eva footbed midsole, you can be assured of great comfort and shock-absorbing features.
- It has a roomy toe box for your comfort
- It is breathable as well
- It is slip-resistant, judging from the lagging on the outsole
- It is not true to size. However, it runs smaller than the normal size
Hoka One One Cavu 3
A true game-changer it is. Do you have any problems on your feet that are making you look for a supportive shoe to walk on? You might want to consider this sneaker.
The durable and lightweight midsole with PRO FLY technology featured in the shoe comes with extra cushioning and underfoot support. In addition to its comfort is the removable, padded insole that enhances the support the shoe renders to your feet.
At the upper is the breathable mesh with stretch knit for breathability and exact fit on your feet. The shoe also features a breathable textile lining which serves for your abrasion-free wear.
The outsole, on the other hand, ensures a firm grip on your feet, even on a slippery surface.
- Materials used: Textile lining, mesh fabric with stretch knit, rubber outsole, padded foam insole, PRO FLY technology midsole.
- Available colors: Black/white, oil blue/white
- Price: $169.50 – $219.95
- Optimum comfort and stability
- Moderate arch support
- Lightweight and breathable
- Wide room for your toes
- It does not run true to size. You will have to purchase half or one above your normal size
Hoka One One Arahi 5
You may not know how much distance you have covered while on this cool kick. Arahi 5 is endowed with lots of features that make it comfortable for walking a long distance.
The shoe is well-furnished with a removable, padded foam insole that brings extreme comfort to your feet.
The upper is made breathable with an engineered sandwich mesh construction. Its EVA midsole absorbs shock from the ground and ensures maximum stability to the feet.
The vertical pull tab featured in the shoe is for easy slip-on. The shoe has a moderate heel bevel for a smooth ride and a full-ground contact with the rubber outsole. This rubber outsole also ensures a smooth and stable ride.
- Materials used: Mesh fabric upper, rubber outsole, padded foam insole, full-length EVA midsole.
- Available colors: Blue fog/provincial blue, black/white.
- Price: $193.95 – $323.14
- It feels light on the feet
- It is breathable and comfortable
- It has great arch support. It eases pain and helps those with foot problems
- It is not so durable, but with careful use, it’ll last longer.
Hoka One One Bondi 6 LTR
Hoka Bondi 6 offers a smooth and balanced ride while walking in it as it features a full EVA midsole. Thus, walking long distances is not a barrier when this shoe is involved.
With the breathable upper and meta-rocker technology, the shoe offers breathable comfort and relaxation. The Bondi 6 shoe will take you far and wide when it comes to comfort and stability.
- Materials used: Breathable mesh fabric upper, rubber outsole, meta-rocker technology.
- Available colors: Arctic dusk, blue, black, Marlin
- Price: $237.00 – $289.00
- It is very comfortable and breathable
- It is a roomy toe box
- The arch support is just above the average
- It is slip-resistant due to the multi-lugged rubber outsole
- It runs smaller than the normal size
Hoka One One Speedgoat 4
With a removable and padded foam insole, this shoe offers maximum comfort for your stroll. Not only does it offer comfort, but it also delivers a firm grip to your feet with a durable Vibram mega grip sole with 5 mm stepped rubber lugs.
With its breathable mesh upper and seamless synthetic overlays, you can be assured of 100% free air penetration to your feet, making you more comfortable.
For abrasion-free wear, you are covered with a breathable textile lining. For the flexibility of your ankle, the shoe has a low profile construction.
These attributes of the shoe made it suitable for a long walk without feeling any pain.
- Materials used: Mesh fabric upper, textile lining, foam padded insole, rubber outsole.
- Available colors: Provincial blue/luminary green
- Price: $209.00 – $249.94
- It has great arch support and offers maximum stability
- The shoe also has a roomy toe box
- It is slip-resistant, led by the rubber lugs of the outsole
- It delivers maximum cushioning to your feet and makes a long-distance stress-free experience
- The shoe does not fit true to size
Hoka One One Arahi 4
This shoe provides a smooth and supportive ride with the early-stage meta-rocker and lightweight support with the firmer EVA J-Frame.
Another good attribute of this shoe is that it has a simplified and stripped-back upper that delivers a lighter and redressed feel. The updated upper gives support and breathability to your feet.
The flat-waisted geometry construction of the shoe constitutes the provision of inherent stability. The Arahi 4 offers great comfort and agility throughout your walk.
It keeps your balance and boosts your confidence. You don’t have to fear any pain or slipping off the ground when it has a durable, lugged rubber outsole.
- Materials used: Breathable mesh upper, rubber outsole, EVA J-Frame technology.
- Available colors: Nimbus cloud/anthracite, blue, lead/lunar rock
- Price: $119.90 – $225.99
- It has low heels
- It has a wide toe box which makes your toes free in the shoe
- It gives support, comfort, and stability
- It feels tight in some areas of the foot
Hoka One One Challenger ATR 5
Not minding that it is the last on the list, it is not the least of them all. Hoka Challenger gives a good trail heritage with the multi-lugged rubber outsole that is packed closer towards the heel and loose at the forefoot of the shoe.
You can’t underestimate the comfort it gives with the padded foam insole. The shoe makes you feel fast and light on the trail because its midsole geometry delivers a stress-free ride on the road.
The upper provides breathability with the help of the mesh fabric. The shoe causes ease of pain in your feet, especially those suffering from foot pains. It makes a long stroll a good memorable one.
- Materials used: Multi-lugged rubber outsole, padded foam insole, Mesh fabric upper.
- Available colors: Ebony/black
- Price: $248.00 – $249.00
- It provides stability, comfort, extra cushioning to your feet
- It has great arch support
- It is slip-resistant
- It’s a bit heavy.
Are Hoka shoes good for walking?
Yes, Hoka One One shoes are good walking shoes, especially those featured above. The special feature of these shoes is that they’re made with responsive and shock absorbing EVA sole.
The Hoka Bondi 7, for example, doesn’t have a flared heel. You can also see that most of them run in that same design.
Hoka shoes are mostly used as running shoes. So, as it is a good brand for runners, you should also consider it a walking shoe brand.
Hoka shoes ensure to impress their fanatics with not just stylish designs but also with classy features.
Features that make them endearing to your feet. People who walk all day standing can find this shoe suitable for their job. Those who feel pain around their feet can use these shoes to ease their pain.
These shoes may have their cons, but they can always assure you of the magical feeling of walking on a cloud while in them. You should try one of these kicks, someday.