Can Blue Shoes Be Worn With a Black Suit?
You’ve probably been there before. You’re getting ready for a big meeting or a hot date, and you can’t decide what to wear. You want to look your best, but you don’t want to overdo it. So you stand in front of your closet, trying to decide if that black suit goes with those blue shoes.
Here’s the thing: blue shoes can absolutely be worn with a black suit. In fact, they can add a touch of style and personality to an otherwise straightforward outfit. But there are a few things you need to keep in mind if you want to pull off this look.
Suggestions for Wearing Blue Shoes With a Black Suit
- If you’re going to wear blue shoes with a black suit, make sure they’re well-polished and in good condition. There’s nothing worse than scuffed shoes! If you are interested in shoe repair, we have a guide for shoe repair here.
- Choose a style of blue shoe that compliments the cut of your suit. For example, if you’re wearing a slim-fit suit, avoid chunky sneakers or loafers.
- Consider adding other pops of color to your look to avoid looking like a clownish mess. A brightly colored tie or pocket square can do the trick!
- The shade of blue is important to consider. If you’re going to wear blue shoes with a black suit, they should be a deep, rich navy. Anything lighter (think baby blue or powder blue) will look out of place.
- The shoes should have some kind of interesting detail — a contrasting stitching, perhaps, or an unusual texture. This will help them stand out and add some visual interest to your outfit.
- Finally, make sure your socks are also navy; anything else will look mismatched.
The Pros of Wearing Blue Shoes With a Black Suit
- Blue shoes add a pop of color to an otherwise monochromatic look.
- They can help you stand out in a sea of boring black suits.
- They show that you’re fashion-forward and not afraid to take risks.
The Cons of Wearing Blue Shoes With a Black Suit
- Wearing blue shoes with a black suit can be a bit too much of a good thing. If you’re not careful, you can end up looking like a clown.
- You run the risk of looking dated if the style of your blue shoes is too far off from the current trends.
- Some people simply think it’s too risky of a move and prefer to play it safe with black shoes.
If you are looking for a great guide on matching colors for your outfits, Hugo Boss has an excellent guide here.
Recommendations for Blue Mens Shoes
STACY ADAMS Men’s Tazewell Tassel Slip-on Loafer
This slip-on loafer has a stylish texture and a little bit of accenting with the tassels.
The style is charming, fun, while still retaining a sleek, professional appearance.
The black sole will match with the black suit and bring the look together.
This shoe also has heel toe memory foam for maximum comfort.
ZRO Men’s Lace Up Formal Modern Oxford Dress Shoes
This style of Oxford dress shoes has a beautiful touch of electric blue accentry, adding a pop of color to a dark navy shoe. It is exciting, handsome, and sharp.
The shoe is handmade, made from genuine leather, and has a non-slip rubber sole.
ECCO Men’s Melbourne Wingtip Tie Oxford
The Melbourne Oxford is a classic, timeless design for formal men’s shoe attire.
The navy color is dark and inconspicuous, while the dark sole matches with black suits.
This durable style is a staple of men’s fashion.
Kenneth Cole REACTION Men’s Estate 2.0 Belt Loafer
Another common loafer style incorporates a fashionable belt across the top of the shoe for an interesting finish.
This muted blue paired with the dark sole will work well with any black suit.
The loafer is made for comfort and long-lasting.
Conclusion – You CAN Wear Blue Shoes With a Black Suit!
In summary, you can certainly style your black suit with a fabulous pair of blue shoes. Just make sure that the shade of blue is appropriate. Go for a dark navy style paired with dark socks, and don’t be afraid to add some interesting patterns to the shoe if you are feeling bold. With the right coordinated fit, you can look your best!