As a nurse, you need supportive, comfortable, cleanable, breathable, and high-traction shoes. Such shoes will save you lots of foot pain.
Hoka One One is one of the several shoe brands that have shown concern for the footwear worries of nurses. Their sports kicks are comfortable for the nurses.
Here are selected 10 Hoka One One sneakers for nurses and other health care professionals.
1. Hoka One One Bondi 7
Bondi 7 is one of the most cushioned shoes of Hoka. Like its predecessor, it has a full EVA midsole which helps in the maximum comfort it offers.
It also features a breathable mesh upper for full ventilation and meta rocker technology. One unique thing about this particular shoe is the supremely plush collar.
This collar that is made of ultra-soft memory foam wraps your ankle with comfort and cradles your Achilles into cushioning. Moreover, the shoe has a lace-up closure for an adjustable fit.
- Materials used: Breathable mesh upper, ultra-soft memory foam collar, EVA midsole, Ethylene-vinyl acetate for sole material.
- Price: $160 — $190
- It has a wide toe box creating space for your toes
- It has moderate arch support, with the shoe featuring an Eva midsole
- It accommodates good ventilation as it has a breathable mesh upper
- The shoe is hard to break-in
2. Hoka One One Clifton 7
The shoe offers excellent comfort to your feet. You could tell from the highly cushioned collar and tongue of the shoe.
The shoe also features an EVA midsole which contributes to unlimited comfort, making standing less stressful.
It has a breathable mesh upper which allows penetration of air to your feet. Another thumbs up for Hoka Clifton 7 is the outsole. It is made of a rubber outsole which helps to keep you on track whether you are a nurse or a runner.
- Materials used: Mesh fabric upper, EVA midsole, rubber outsole.
- Price: $220 — $260
- The midsole and the cushioned collar and tongue ensure you have maximum comfort and support.
- It has a wide toe box that could accommodate your toes and make them flexible.
- They are lightweight
- It does not have sufficient arch support. Not good for those with arthritis.
3. Hoka One One Cavu 3
One amazing feature of this shoe is the removable, foam padded insole which correlates with the midsole for cushioning and support.
It is not just any midsole. It is a durable and lightweight midsole with PRO FLY technology. The upper part of the shoe comes as a breathable mesh with stretch knit that paves way for adequate ventilation.
Hoka Cavu 3 also has breathable textile lining for abrasion-free wear. The durable rubber outsole complements the style of the shoe by ensuring optimal grip and traction on any surface.
- Materials used: Foam padded insole, PRO FLY technology midsole, breathable mesh upper fabric, durable rubber outsole.
- Price: $160 — $201
- It is highly comfortable and offers great support to your feet
- It is lightweight
- It is very conducive for nurses and those with foot diseases like plantar fasciitis.
- It is slip-resistant
- Some people find the style of the shoe awkward as it is not a true lace-up closure shoe.
4. Hoka One One Elevon 2
This shoe made it to this list of Hoka shoes for nurses because of its fascinating features. You could comfortably stand all day with this silhouette kick.
It can only be possible with the removable textile-lined, foam padded insole. Alongside the insole is the top-layer PRO FLY midsole that offers adequate cushioning and support to your feet.
For proper ventilation, Hoka thought it wise to make Elevon 2 with a breathable mesh upper and synthetic overlays. The shoe also has a breathable textile and synthetic lining which prevents abrasion when you wear it.
The outsole is not exempted. It is a durable synthetic sole with rubber inserts that contributes to the firm grip and traction of your feet.
- Materials used: Textile mesh upper, synthetic lining, lace-up closure, rubber outsole, PRO FLY midsole, textile padded insole.
- Price: $215 — $326
- It offers optimal cushioning and support with the help of the midsole and insole
- It has moderate arch support
- It is also very good for sports
- It is too bulky
- The shoe is pricey
- Its sole is not so durable
5. Hoka One One Clifton 8
This silhouette is one of the perfect matches for nurses. It has a breathable open engineered mesh upper with seamless synthetic overlays for ventilation of your feet.
Above all, it delivers comfort and support through the removable, foam padded insole. The full-length EVA midsole is used to absorb shock and offer maximum stability to your feet.
With the help of the early stage meta-rocker this shoe features, you would enjoy a smooth ride in every step you. It also has a durable sole with rubber padding for a firm grip and strong traction.
- Materials used: Synthetic upper, EVA midsole, rubber sole, fabric insole.
- Price: $140
- The insole and EVA midsole made it comfortable for nurses and those with foot problems.
- The shoe has great arch support.
- It has a moderate-sized toe box for the flexibility of your toes
- It runs larger than normal size
6. Hoka One One Gaviota 3
Gaviota 3 is a sneaker with an engineered mesh upper and seamless synthetic overlays that paves way for air penetration. The comfort and cushioning of the shoe come from the removable foam-padded insole.
These attributes make the shoe the right choice of shoe for nurses. You will make every step in confidence, as the footwear has a breathable textile lining that helps in free abrasion wear.
Meanwhile, you can adjust to get a suitable fit through the lace closure. The outsole, on the other hand, is made of durable rubber padding which gives the shoe slip-resistant ability.
- Materials used: Synthetic upper, rubber outsole, foam insole, synthetic textile lining
- Price: $160 – $250
- The shoe is light and breathable
- It is very comfortable for a nurse
- It has moderate arch support
- It is worth the price
- It runs in large sizes
7. Hoka One One Rincon 2
Not only does this pair of kicks look stylish, but it also makes you feel comfortable while at work. It gives your feet a soft feeling and makes you feel like you are walking on clouds, courtesy of the removable foam insole.
The EVA midsole, on the other hand, keeps your feet away from shock. The breathable mesh fabric upper allows for the ventilation of your feet.
The rubber outsole does its best by keeping you on track and giving you a firm grip on your feet.
- Materials used: Breathable mesh fabric upper, foam insole, Eva midsole, rubber outsole.
- Price: $165
- It ensures maximum comfort and stability
- It has great arch support and makes it possible for those with foot problems.
- It has a sizable toe box
- It is not true to size. It runs wider than normal size
8. Hoka One One Arahi 5
Hoka One One Arahi 5 is yet another good shoe for nurses. It features a removable, foam-padded insole that gives support and maximum comfort to your feet.
You can stand and walk all day with this silhouette, as it also has a full-length EVA midsole that could support and absorb shock from your feet.
The upper part is made breathable with the open engineered mesh upper with seamless synthetic overlays.
Lastly, the durable outsole is made of rubber for a firm grip and strong traction.
- Materials used: Mesh upper fabric, rubber outsole, foam padded insole, EVA midsole.
- Price: $130 — $280
- It offers maximum stability and comfort
- It has moderate arch support
- It is recommended to those with foot problems as well
- It doesn’t have a roomy toe box
9. Hoka One One Challenger ATR 5
This is the fifth iteration of Hoka Challenger, and it is modified into versatile choices. The midsole geometry allows for a smooth ride, while the inserted insole ensures a stabilized comfort to your feet.
With the outsole, the shoe leaves you in no doubt of a smooth trail. The multi-lugged outsole is arranged together towards the heel for a continuously smooth ride. Meanwhile, it is widely spread at the forefoot for a firm grip even on wet surfaces.
The sneaker also features a supportive heel counter which secures the lateral and medial part of your foot. It has a lace at the upper, but it is a slip-on shoe. The upper consists of a breathable mesh upper for consistent ventilation.
- Materials used: Mesh fabric upper, rubber outsole, EVA midsole, Foam insole.
- Price: $190 — $250
- It ensures strong traction and grip as it features a multi-lugged outsole
- It ensures optimal comfort and stability
- It is for both runners and nurses. It is very healthy for the foot
- It doesn’t run true to size. It runs narrow and short.
10. Hoka One One Gaviota 2
Just like other shoes, it delivers comfort and stability at its peak. You can tell that the superior cushioning cooperated with the Hoka One One J-frame design.
The HOKA J-frame renders support and protection to your feet. The upper, moreover, is made from engineered mesh which offers optimal breathability to your feet.
The outsole is of durable rubber that is multi-lugged to enhance better traction and grip to your feet. Yes, its closure method is lace-up closure for an adjustable fit.
- Materials used: Mesh fabric upper, rubber outsole, HOKA J-frame
- Price: $178 — $300
- Its comfort and stability is top-notch
- It has a roomy toe box
- It is highly durable
- The shoe is not true to size. It runs narrow and small
- It is very expensive.
The Hoka shoes are primarily designed for sports activities. However, their features make them recommendable for those in the nursing profession and those with foot problems.
The shoes listed above are not just the only Hoka shoes that could deliver the best to your feet. But they are among the ten best Hoka shoes for nurses.
You can work and stand all day with either of these shoes without feeling any ounce of pain. You just have to get the shoe of your right size.